Visual Molecular Dynamics (VMD)
- VMD is a molecular modelling and visualization computer program.VMD is developed as mainly a tool to view and analyze the results of molecular dynamics simulations. It also includes tools for working with volumetric data, sequence data, and arbitrary graphics objects. Molecular scenes can be exported to external rendering tools such as POV-Ray, RenderMan, Tachyon, Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML), and many others. Users can run their own Tcl and Python scripts within VMD as it includes embedded Tcl and Python interpreters.
- Developer(s): University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Original author(s): William Humphrey, Andrew Dalke, Klaus Schulten, John Stone.
- Initial release: July 4, 1995
- Written in: C
- Operating system: Windows, macOS, Unix
- Available in: English
- License: Distribution-specific
- Website: www
.ks .uiuc .edu /Research /vmd